Tags

, ,

You’ll have seen from my last few posts I may have gone a little overboard on the decorations for our Christmas in July (in August) weekend?     I have another type to share with you today!

As part of my “research” I came across this  Rudolph ornament by Marie Shaughnessy using Stampin’ Up’s sweet treat cups.   My husband also bought me some red heart shaped lollies during the week, which got me thinking of red noses and Rudolph and what I could do.

I ended up making a table centre piece of Rudolph’s in a vase, with lollies for each guest to eat:

photo-4Here’s a closer look:

photo-1

The faces were made of a Top Note die cut out of Soft Suede card stock.  I cut 2 for each Rudolph.

I was hunting around for things that could work as antlers and thought about using my Tasteful Trim die.   When I cut it out however, I actually thought that the spaces between the cut out trim might actually work better as reindeer antlers than the trim itself!

20130815_173041

I cut up little bits of the trim and stuck them to the back of the card piece I was using for the front of the face:

20130815_181941

They all looked a little different.  I think the one on the bottom left probably looked the closest to real antlers?

20130815_173150

I then stuck on eyes* and cut a hole with my 1 3/4 inch circle punch (which is the size that perfectly matches the sweet treat cups)

20130815_182033

Next step was to stick the sweet treat cup on the front and then turn it over and fill up with lollies.   (Tip: make sure you stick the cup on really well.  Run your fingers around it a few times sticking it down.  I let my little boy stick a couple on and they needed to be restuck later!)

20130815_182153

I then stuck another top note on the back of the first one to hold the lollies in – and ta da, some Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeers!

20130815_182533

Please contact me if you’d like to get your hands on some sweet treat cups and try some of these for yourselves 🙂

Caro

* I will show you how to make the eyes in a separate post.   I played around with a few different methods so I’ll save you the time 🙂

Advertisements